Shared Hosting Plans Revealed
A shared hosting solution includes hoarding and/or sharing specific content on a server run by a shared hosting supplier. There are different categories of hosting services used for various aims, so let's review them. In that way, you can conclude what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to create a blog, mail accounts, or to share files with chums and associates.
5 websites hosted
Unlimited websites hosted
- File hosting: a solution supplied by some file storage providers, which permits you to share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only purpose is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting accounts are frequently supported by displaying advertisements next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a given amount of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file storage plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel web hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud shared hosting". This is a thoroughly false interpretation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud shared hosting system would allot the load between separate packs of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different shared hosting services (email, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a brand of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud shared hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; given firms provide a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting brand is appropriate if you want to share a great number of pictures with comrades or acquaintances since the solution is commonly free. You will get a random link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to tackling your e-mail aliases. Some vendors offer shared hosting services for websites, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you wish to manage a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a site, then the e-mail shared hosting solution is what you want. You can open email accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domain name. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a given amount of CPU load, so with a few videos and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have trouble with your shared hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to use as many videos as you want to without bothering about system quotas.
- Shared hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to keep a website. To a certain degree, it incorporates all of the aforementioned hosting brands since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and e-mail addresses, upload videos, and so on. At Asia Pacific Hosting you can have a look at shared shared hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that permit you to have all of the aforementioned services in a single location. There may be restrictions based on the form of shared hosting service that you've selected - a free web hosting account, a paid shared web hosting account, a VPS hosting or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your shared hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the routine email/file/video/image hosting packages that are meant for specific web content only.